Me and my Snickers

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Grumplestilskin

The above name refers to my almost 12-year-old son who is ever so hard to wake up.  It is like waking a grizzly bear and usually takes me 30-40 minutes to get him up.  He goes to bed early enough but sometimes has trouble getting to sleep so when you wake him it is heck.  His dad was always hard to wake up too.  It is just so not how I wanted to start my day but such is the life of a single mom of a grumpy preteen boy. 

I was up later than I had planned last night texting with my sweetheart.  He is usually in bed by 10 or earlier as he gets up so early for work but we just could not help ourselves last night we texted until a little after 11 and then it took me another hour to wind down.  We do not get to see each other so some days we text more than others but we always keep in touch throughout the day while he works and me too.  I think he is great and maybe he is THE ONE!  He is definitely the hardest working, most mature, and ready of any I have met and is very caring and sweet!  Time will tell!

This afternoon is soccer practice 5:30 to 6:30 with me working in the car until that ends and then off to Tuesday night Zumba with Paula B much to my son’s shagrin.  He has to wait ALL THAT TIME A WHOLE HOUR for me to do something for myself…He may DIE!  LOL!  No time to bring him home or I would.  He can work out, play on my computer or iPad.  I do not make him go into the daycare area as he is almost 12 the age you are able to sign them up and they let him work out and never say anything.  At this age on they are just so focused on only them and although he is proud of me for finding a good man and getting healthy and in shape he does not want to have to suffer because of any of it.  It must not interfere with HIS time, lol!  Oh well we are at a point of work where we are behind enough I can start early so I think I will.  I worked a little extra last night as well.  I am trying to save up money for Christmas, Dylan’s birthday (November 3), mom and my trip to Vegas, going to the State Fair and hoping to find some crafts for Christmas gifts, etc.  It will all be here before we know it!!!!!  I hope all my Spark Friends and other friends have a great day!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment