Me and my Snickers

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

They Are Cutting Me Open


Ok so I have not had surgery in probably at least 10 years or so.  I have had two colonoscopies but no cutting involved there.  I have also had one cystoscopy no cutting there either.  I was under anesthesia.  I have had two exploratory laparoscopies for my endometriosis and that is the surgery I refer to being around 10 years ago.
Now I had been having terrible bouts of chest, abdominal, radiating to back pain that left me doubled over and rolling in pain.  I had and am having continued nausea with small bouts of heartburn type pain here and there.  I was diagnosed with gallstones after having an ultrasound.  I visited with the surgeon last week who went over the surgical procedure of laparoscopic cholecystectomy (removal of the gallbladder).  I know laparoscopic is a way better choice than open and I know it is no big deal but still I am having some serious anxiety about this.  I type these kinds of reports and I have no idea if that is part of the issue or not but I keep picturing them cutting into me (even though the incisions will be small unless they convert to open).  I also fear the anesthesia.  I have anxiety so it is not a huge surprise but I do not know if it is my typing these reports about the incisions and all on a regular basis or if it is the fact that I am older now and have multiple medical problems and medications.  It is probably a combination of both.  I keep trying not to think about it but it is really freaking me out.  I mean one of my medications the doctor said to be sure to tell them I am on and I have read it can cause complications so I plan to stop taking it a few days before but still tell them I take it.  I don’t want anything to happen to me.  My son needs me and my furry boys do too.  They said they will play music for me in the operating room so I think some Kenny Chesney and “Old Blue Chair” is in order and some anxiety medication per IV.  I am a hot anxiety ridden mess and other things going on in my life are not helping me. 
I know I am a worry wart but it is part of the whole anxiety thing.  You image everything that can go wrong and picture everything happening and it is just not good.  I may need extra anxiety meds in my IV for reals!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment